May 21, 2019
Safety Tuesday encourages responders to focus on risk and prevention rather than possible negative outcomes. It aims to promote the advancement of safety measures for both the community and the profession.
Agency pediatric emergency care coordinators (PECCs) can help educate providers about seeking help when needed due to stress and mental health issues associated with caring for patients, especially when caring for children.
Publications to Enhance Pediatric Injury Prevention
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP):
- Firearm-Related Injuries Affecting the Pediatric Population
- How Pediatricians Can Advocate for Children’s Safety in Their Communities
- Are You Prepared for Disasters? Family Readiness Kit
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP):
- Home Safety Checklist
- NASEMSO Safe Transport of Children by EMS: Interim Guidance
- Safe Kids: Take Action to Prevent Heat Stroke