Friday: EMS Recognition Day
May 24, 2019
On EMS Recognition Day, honor local EMS heroes who regularly go above and beyond what is expected. Give gratitude to first responders for their unwavering commitment to serve their communities.
- Remember colleagues injured or killed in the line of duty with a public ceremony or a moment of silence.
- Host an awards luncheon to recognize an EMT or Paramedic of the Year, as well as all of your EMS practitioners.
- Give gratitude to your family by taking some time off during EMS Week, relax, and be present and attentive with the ones you love
A group of emergency medical services providers joined State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris, Office of EMS Medical Director Dr. Elwin Crawford, Office of EMS Director Stephen Wilson, and EMSC Program Manager Katherine Dixon Hert in celebrating National EMS Week 2018
See How EMS Providers Have Saved Children's Live Across the Country
- One EMS Provider’s Outstanding Work with Children in Missouri
- EMS Instructor Saves Teen CPR
- One Firefighter’s Dedication to Stopping Child Drownings
- Graduate reunites with the EMT who saved his life as a baby
- Paramedic, EMT honored for saving child’s life
- How a paramedic’s split-second decision may have saved a Parkland student’s life
- Illinois paramedic saves infant from SUV submerged in lake