This toolkit is designed to help your emergency department (ED) understand the Pediatric Readiness assessment score and support your use of the assessment to successfully improve the care of children in your ED.
The EIIC toolkits are a collection of resources–publications, webinars, online training, policy statements and guidelines–designed to advance improvement in a specific area. Toolkits are intended for use by healthcare professionals as well as parents and caregivers.
Find a Toolkit
This toolkit includes policy statements and training resources for physician oversight of medical care provided in the prehospital setting.
Providing emergency medical care that is both respectful of and responsive to the cultural and linguistic needs of pediatric patients and their families is a priority of the EIIC. The following toolkit provides links and example practices to enhance the delivery of culturally sensitive care.
This toolbox provides resources to assist EMSC program managers, prehospital emergency care professionals, and EMS educators and medical directors to identify educational needs, develop curricula, and establish policy and standards to ensure that prehospital professionals have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide safe, effective, family-centered emergency care for children.
- All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Toolkit
- Coalition Building Toolkit
- Critical Crossroads: Pediatric Mental Health Care in the ED
- Cultural Competency Toolkit
- Emergency Department Pediatric Performance Measures Toolkit
- Facility Categorization Toolkit
- Informed Consent Toolkit
- Interfacility Transfer Toolkit
- Medical Direction Toolkit
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care Toolkit
- Pediatric Disaster Preparedness Toolkit
- Pediatric Equipment Toolkit
- Pediatric Pain Management Toolkit
- Pediatric Readiness Toolkit
- Prehospital Education Toolkit
- Program Managers Toolkit
- Protocol Resource Toolkit
- Translational Research Toolkit