The EIIC toolkits are a collection of resources–publications, webinars, online training, policy statements and guidelines–designed to advance improvement in a specific area. Toolkits are intended for use by healthcare professionals as well as parents and caregivers.
Find a Toolkit
Pediatric Seizures and Epilepsy
The Pediatric Seizures and Epilepsy toolkit contains specialized resources for both prehospital providers as well as families and caregivers. Prehospital providers can work through a five-part mini-series on recognizing and treated pediatric seizures.
Pediatric Disaster Preparedness
Disaster preparedness is built on and dependent upon pediatric emergency systems of care that operate effectively day-to-day. Emergency care providers in both the prehospital and emergency department (ED) settings must have appropriate pediatric equipment and supplies, medical oversight, protocols and guidelines, and training in the care of children.
Pediatric Readiness Toolkit
The NPRP Toolkit content is organized by the seven domains of pediatric readiness: Administration and Coordination; Healthcare Provider Competencies; Quality Improvement; Policies and Procedures; Patient Safety; Support Services; and Equipment, Supplies, and Medications. The tools and resources align with the joint policy statement “Pediatric Readiness in the Emergency Department” and will assist pediatric emergency care providers to better understand and achieve the components of pediatric readiness in their emergency department (as highlighted in the NPRP Assessment).
Critical Crossroads: Pediatric Mental Health Care in the ED
This toolkit contains literature references and tools that can be used by hospitals to support the creation of care pathways to improve the identification and management of children and adolescents who present to the ED in a mental health crisis.
- All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Toolkit
- Coalition Building Toolkit
- Critical Crossroads: Pediatric Mental Health Care in the ED
- Cultural Competency Toolkit
- Emergency Department Pediatric Performance Measures Toolkit
- Facility Categorization Toolkit
- Informed Consent Toolkit
- Interfacility Transfer Toolkit
- Medical Direction Toolkit
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care Toolkit
- Pediatric Disaster Preparedness Toolkit
- Pediatric Equipment Toolkit
- Pediatric Pain Management Toolkit
- Pediatric Readiness Toolkit
- Pediatric Seizures & Epilepsy
- Prehospital Education Toolkit
- Program Managers Toolkit
- Protocol Resource Toolkit
- Translational Research Toolkit
- Trauma Resuscitation Toolkit