EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES FOR CHILDREN INNOVATION AND IMPROVEMENT CENTER
The mission of the Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) is to reduce child and youth mortality and morbidity resulting from severe illness or trauma.
To that end, EMSC funds and supports improvements in pediatric emergency care in every state and territory through competitive demonstration grants or cooperative agreements to state governments and accredited schools of medicine.
The four main programs in EMSC are:
- State Partnership (SP) grants that ensure that pediatric emergency care is integrated into the larger emergency medical services system.
- Targeted Issues (TI) grants that support innovative cross-cutting pediatric emergency care projects of national significance.
- State Partnership Regionalization of Care (SPROC) grants that develop systems of care models to improve pediatric emergency care capacity in rural and tribal communities.
- The Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN) which supports the infrastructure to conduct meaningful and rigorous multi-institutional studies in the management of acute illness and injury in children across the continuum of emergency medicine.
Announcement| The 2018 EMSC Meeting will be held April 30-May 2, 2018 in Austin, Texas at the AT&T Conference Center.
2018 Moving EMSC Forward: Championing Quality and Collaboration
The 2018 EMSC Meeting will be held April 30-May 2, 2018 in Austin, Texas at the AT&T Conference Center.
Attendees should include:
- State Partnership Managers,
- one FAN representative for each State Partnership and
- PQRC trainers.
Click here for a preliminary agenda and initial travel needs and accommodations. A meeting registration link will be provided shortly. Attendees must make both:
- a hotel and
- a conference registration.
Hotel Reservations can be made through the instructions below.
- Hotel Reservations: AT&T Hotel and Conference Center general information http://www.meetattexas.com
- Link to book for those who need the government rate (limited quantity available): https://aws.passkey.com/e/49595806
- For those who can book without the government rate: https://aws.passkey.com/e/49595804
Conference Registration link is pending.
Questions about funding should be directed to your Project Officer.
Announcement| EMS Agenda 2050 Requests Feedback on Second Version of Straw Man Document
Members of the public, the emergency medical services community and its partners in health and public safety are encouraged to review and provide feedback.