All-Terrain Vehicle Safety ToolkitAdvocacy Patients & Families
Unintentional injuries -- the number one killer of children -- occur in many ways, including all-terrain vehicle (ATV) crashes. The American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend use of an ATV by a child younger than 16 years of age; however, children do ride ATVs and ATV-related injuries to children are on the rise throughout the country. Many of these injuries and deaths can be prevented by practicing safe riding behaviors. The ATV Safety Toolkit contains valuable safety information that when utilized can save lives and stop preventable injuries from harming ATV riders. The information is presented in multiple formats for the facilitator to use as he or she pleases. The materials were developed together and complement each other; however, each item can also be used separately.
The ATV Safety Toolkit includes the following items:
- "A Trip Unplanned," an engaging 20-minute video about the risks of ATV use;
- All-terrain Vehicle Safety "Every Ride, Every Time" Facilitator Discussion Guide to facilitate discussion of key safety points for ATV riders;
- Four posters to reinforce key safety messages (Plan your T.R.I.P.S.S., Safety Gear, Safety Gear: Chicks Dig It, and Gun Safety)
- ATV Riding Safety Tips brochure to reinforce key safety messages;
- ATV Safety fact sheet in both English and Spanish; and
- A PowerPoint presentation on ATV safety that can be used in conjunction with "A Trip Unplanned" video or as stand-alone training.
An organization is free to download and place its entity’s logo on any of the material. Note that original logos and the content of the material cannot be removed or changed.Thank you for your efforts to increase ATV safety.
The Injury Prevention Center at Arkansas Children's Hospital created the ATV Safety Toolkit with funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration's Maternal and Child Health Bureau, EMSC Program. The Toolkit and is corresponding video, "A Trip Unplanned," was produced in collaboration with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.
- All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Toolkit
- Coalition Building Toolkit
- Critical Crossroads: Pediatric Mental Health Care in the ED
- Cultural Competency Toolkit
- Emergency Department Pediatric Performance Measures Toolkit
- Facility Categorization Toolkit
- Informed Consent Toolkit
- Interfacility Transfer Toolkit
- Medical Direction Toolkit
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care Toolkit
- Pediatric Disaster Preparedness Toolkit
- Pediatric Equipment Toolkit
- Pediatric Pain Management Toolkit
- Pediatric Readiness Toolkit
- Pediatric Seizures & Epilepsy
- Prehospital Education Toolkit
- Program Managers Toolkit
- Protocol Resource Toolkit
- Translational Research Toolkit