EMSC Child Ready - Facility Recognition
What is the NM Child Ready Facility Recognition Program?
The New Mexico Child Ready Project is a voluntary recognition program to identify Emergency Departments in New Mexico that have met the criteria set forth to stabilize and/or manage pediatric medical emergencies.
Our aim is to improve pediatric readiness of all EDs in NM through the development of a community of practice involving pediatric champions from NM EDs.
- All NM EDs can achieve ANY of the above recognition categories- there is no requirement for pediatric specialists, in-patient care or minimum volume of patients.
Our process is to recognize pediatric improvement efforts through various levels of engagement:
- NM CHILD READY Pediatric Engaged ED (Bronze Level): designated pediatric champion + readiness survey (PRS) (any score)
- NM CHILD READY Pediatric Ready ED (Silver Level): engaged + PRS >70%
- NM CHILD READY Pediatric Innovator ED (Gold Level): engaged + PRS >80% + sharing programs with other EDs
What is the process to participate in NM CHILD READY?
- Review NM EMSC CHILD READY requirements with leadership and determine intent to participate.
- Complete online application + designate pediatric champion(s) + upload a signed letter of intent.
- Concurrent announcement of recognition status at quarterly NM EMSC CHILD READY meeting- valid for two-years. EMSC to provide certificate/info for dissemination.
- NOTE: all pediatric champions will have access to community of practice resources including educational modules, policies/procedures, quality improvement modules, and safety practices.