What is a PECC?
An overview of the PECC Program
Learn what being a PECC really means!
Please head here to complete the onboarding PECC modules.
The New England Regional EMSC website now has a new resource to help support your role as a PECC. The EMSC Innovation and Improvement Center hosted an introductory course for Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinators in 2021 that was announced last year. (Link to original course: https://emscimprovement.center/collaboratives/pwdc/).
- Sessions provide an overview of different components of what a Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinator can do in either an ED or pre-hospital setting.
- You can watch just the specific sessions you are most interested in or watch the sessions in order.
- Sessions cover topics such as:
- Strategies to improve patient safety, a worksheet to help assess patient safety and identify opportunities for improvement in your ED
- How to create and implement effective policies and procedures
- Strategies to obtain pediatric supplies including how to collaborate with other organizations to lessen burden/cost, maintaining up to date supplies
- How to develop a pediatric competency program to ensure pediatric skill maintenance for your to staff to managing critically ill children
- How to advocate for your PECC position for more support from leadership for pediatric readiness and the PECC role.
You can go directly to the new resource here:
Have questions? Email Megan Petrucelli
Please note: All of EMS-C's PEPP Course Offerings are in the Hybrid Model and require online pre-coursework modules to be completed.
- Monday, March 27th, 2023, 18:00-22:00 Rocky Hill Volunteer Ambulance
- Wednesday, May 10th, 2023, 19:00-23:00 Bloomfield Volunteer Ambulance