A digest of EMSC Program News and Activities
Issue #65 | Oct. 29, 2021
Featured resource: Check out PECARN’s newly redesigned website!
- "AAP-AACAP-CHA Declaration of a National Emergency in Child and Adolescent Mental Health" - AAP, AACAP, CHA
- “COVID-19-Associated Orphanhood and Caregiver Death in the United States” study - AAP
- 2021 All-Grantee Meeting recordings & poster hall - EMSC
- EDI Resources - EIIC
- PEAK: Suicide - EIIC
- Prehospital Toolkit and Checklist - EIIC
- 2021 National EMSC Report for EMS Agencies - NEDARC
- PWDC Learning Session #3: Equipment, Supplies & Medications - Nov. 11 (open only to PWDC registrants)
- ACS Trauma Quality Improvement Program Conference - Nov. 15-17; featuring a plenary discussion on pediatric readiness on Nov. 16
- National Healthcare Preparedness Conference - Nov. 30-Dec. 2
Honors & awards
- Mark X. Cicero, MD, of Yale University—a principal investigator for an EMSC Targeted Issues grant and a domain co-lead for the new Regional Pandemic Pediatric Network—has been selected for the 2021 Connecticut EMS Award for “EMS Physician of the Year.” The award will be presented at the EMS PRO Conference on Oct. 27.
- Anne Runkle, MD, of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, an EMSC Fellow in the Prehospital-Based Care Domain, has received the Section on Emergency Medicine Best Quality Improvement Abstract ward from the American Academy of Pediatrics. The award was presented during the American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference on Oct. 8.
Funding & action opportunities
- The EMSC Data Center Notice of Funding Opportunity was released on Oct. 20; the deadline to apply is Jan. 18, 2022.
- The Department of Health and Human Services has released a draft of its FY 2022-2026 Strategic Plan. Comments on the draft plan can be submitted by email, mail, or fax; the deadline is Nov. 7.