A digest of EMSC Program News and Activities
Issue #63 | Aug. 31, 2021
Featured resources: September is National Preparedness Month! Learn more or get involved by visiting www.ready.gov; exploring EIIC’s Disaster Domain’s work; or registering to join AAP’s Disaster Recovery ECHO: Applying Lessons Learned During Disaster and Pandemic Recovery, a twice-monthly, virtual forum that launches in September.
- Congratulations to Charles Macias, MD, MPH, who is the 2021 recipient of the Jim Seidel Distinguished Service Award from the American Academy of Pediatrics. The award recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the field of pediatric emergency medicine. Dr. Macias will receive the award on Oct. 9 during the Section on Emergency Medicine meeting.
- Virtual Workshop: “Better Virtual Meetings” recording - NEDARC
- Prehospital Toolkit and Checklist - EIIC
- COVID-19 resources and tools - EIIC
- Children and COVID-19: State-Level Data Report - AAP
- Pediatric Mental Health Minute Series - AAP
- EMSC All-Grantee Meeting - Aug. 31 - Sept. 2 - happening now!
- ENA Meeting - Sept. 22-25
- NEDARC TechTalks - Sept. 23
- AAP Annual Meeting - Oct. 8-12
- ACEP21 - Oct. 25-28
- Telehealth Community of Practice - Oct. 26; email for link
- ACS Clinical Congress - Oct. 24-28
- NASEMSO Annual Meeting - Nov. 14-18
- ACS Trauma Quality Improvement Program conference - Nov. 15-17; featuring plenary discussion on pediatric readiness
In the news
- Thinking small: How Ky. EMS agencies prepare for pediatric patients Mountain News, WYMT, Aug. 23
- UMC EMS recognized by the Texas EMS for Children State Partnership Everything Lubbock, Aug. 11
- Q&A with a prehospital PECC: 'It's worth it' EMS1.com, Aug. 2
- Gaps in Pediatric Trauma Care: Meeting the Demands General Surgery News, July 28
- How prepared are you for a disaster? Atlanta Journal-Constitution, July 20
- New virtual training for Maine EMS to handle youth emergency medical calls, WGME, July 13
PEAKs: Coming soon!
Keep an eye out for EIIC’s Pediatric Education and Advocacy Kits (PEAKs) on Suicide Screening and Management of the Agitated Patient. Both PEAKs will begin to roll out content in mid- to late September (National Suicide Awareness Month).