Save the Dates
- 2019 EMS for Children Day Webinar Prehospital Care of Children: Review of Evidence-Based Guidelines, Wednesday, May 22, 1 PM ET. As prehospital professionals, we want to make patient care decisions based upon the best evidence available to improve patient outcomes. In this webinar, we will review the prehospital pediatric evidence-based guidelines for the management of asthma, seizures, pain, and cardiac arrest. Scheduled presenters are Kathleen Adelgais, MD MPH, Katherine Remick, MD, FAAP, FACEP, FAEMS and Manish I. Shah, MD, MS Register here.
- NFPA Conference and Expo, June 17-20 in San Antonio Texas. Register here.
- NEDARC’s June Tech Talk will focus on Creating Effective Posters for meetings. It will be held on June 27th at 12:00 Noon MST. You may sign in here at the time of the meeting.
- NEMSIS Annual Meeting will be held in Park City, UT on Aug 12 & 13. Watch the site for more details.
- EMSC Town Hall – 3-4 pm ET, August 7, 2019
- NEDARC Scientific Grant Writing Workshop: August 27-29, 2019, Chicago IL. See the NEDARC Website for the popular workshop description and registration details.
- EMSC: A Journey to Improve Pediatric Emergency Care. The EMSC Program’s 2019 All Grantee Meeting will be August 19-23, 2019, at the Hilton Crystal City in Arlington, VA. This EMSC Program conference is an opportunity to interact with EMSC colleagues across the grant spectrum. Invitations were emailed from HRSA (via Terry Fisher at the EIIC on April 9, 2019. Registration must be completed via this link. August 19 & 20 are preconference days. The main conference begins on Wednesday, August 21 and will conclude on Friday, August 23. Watch this page and your email for further details.
- Emergency Nursing 2019 in Austin TX Sept 29-Oct 2, 2019. Registration open now!
- EMS World Expo 2019 in New Orleans, Oct 14-18. Registration now open.
- EMSC Town Hall – 3-4 pm ET, November 13, 2019
- National Healthcare Coalition Preparedness Conference, December 3-5, 2019, Houston TX. More details to come.
Funding Opportunity -- Rural Maternity and Obstetrics Management Strategies
Applications due May 24. HRSA will invest $1.8 million in three health networks to test models that improve obstetrics services in rural areas. For this program, the applicant must have a network composition including: 1) at least 2 rural hospitals or Critical Access Hospitals; 2) at least 1 Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or look-alike; 3) state Home Visiting & Healthy Start Programs and 4) the state Medicaid agency. For information, contact RMOMS@hrsa.gov.
EMSC Town Halls Occur Quarterly: Block your calendar now!
Remaining 2019 calls are scheduled from 3-4 pm ET on August 7 and November 13, 2019
Please be sure to watch for items of interest to the EMSC Community including national projects, webinars, and opportunities to support EMS for Children on the EIIC Facebook page and Twitter. We use these channels to announce items on short notice.
NEDARC TechTalks are scheduled for the 4th Thursday of the month at 2pm ET (unless otherwise advised). Live TechTalks are intended for EMS for Children Program Managers. Recordings of prior sessions can be found here.
Public Session on Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response
Tuesday, June 18, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. – FREE – San Antonio TX
This FREE session features powerful remarks from Michele Gay, co-founder of Safe and Sound Schools; an overview of NFPA 3000™ (PS), Standard for an Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response (ASHER) Program; and real-world insights from a panel of diverse authorities who helped develop the world’s first active shooter standard. Presented in conjunction with the NFPA Conference and Expo.