EMSC Day celebrations: Start planning today
- Published April 4, 2023
National Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week, which takes place May 21-27 this year, is a time to celebrate EMS clinicians and their important work in our nation's communities. The 2023 theme for the week is "Where Emergency Care Begins."
Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) Day, which falls on the Wednesday of EMS Week (May 24), draws special attention to EMS clinicians’ commitment to caring for acutely ill and injured children. EMSC Day is also a time to raise awareness about improving specialized care for children in the prehospital setting.
This year, the EMSC Program is very excited to release a special video thanking EMS for their care for children. Stay tuned for details!
How you can get involved now
Supporting the mission of EMSC Day can take many forms.
- Keep an eye out for the EMSC Day video and related promotional materials once available.
- Request an EMSC Day proclamation from your state or town. This is a great way to raise awareness about the importance of high-quality emergency care for children in your community. Proclamations must be requested weeks or even months in advance, so get started now! More details are available here.
- The EMSC Innovation and Improvement Center (EIIC) will host a webinar for EMS clinicians about the role of pediatric champions or pediatric emergency care coordinators (PECCs) in EMS agencies. Additional details and registration will be available soon.
- Access EMSC Day materials, including logos, activity sheets for children, thank you cards, appreciation certifications, and social media posts. More will soon be available.
- Additional suggestions for celebrating other EMS Week theme days with a pediatric lens are available here.
For questions or comments, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark your calendars for May 24!