NPRP CoP Webinars
April 30, 2020
We have three major action items if individuals are interested in taking the lead please let us know:
ACTION 1: SURVEY 1- repeat survey of individuals currently involved in pediatric readiness across country in this COP- expansion of survey from 4/19 posted results on website- landscape of current projects related to peds readiness, how supported (time, $), opportunities for collaboration
ACTION 2: SURVEY 2- new scholarly survey on models of pediatric care nationally (role of PECC OR pediatric champion at levels of system, hospital, ED), funding models,
ACTION 3: COP WEBINAR: Plan JUNE/JULY on The pediatric perspective in pandemic/epidemics from the perspective of the community hospital +/- Children’s Hospital (POPCORN GROUP)- SEND NAMES OF SPEAKERS/IDEAS/OBJECTIVES
ACTION 4: Create content to disseminate to EM and pediatrics and family medicine fellowships/residency programs to communicate role of pediatric readiness/PECC as career path.
Links to resources discussed on the call
EIIC Website: https://emscimprovement.center
Prior webinars from COP: https://emscimprovement.center/collaboratives/pediatric-readiness-community-practice-nprp-cop/nprp-cop-webinars/
Pediatric Readiness Guidelines: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/142/5/e20182459
Prehospital Peds Readiness Guidelines: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2019/12/17/peds.2019-3308?versioned=true
Hospital Guidelines: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/145/4/e20200204
January 16, 2020
After viewing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how the Pediatric Readiness Survey can be used to develop uniformity in pediatric emergency care in a rural health care system’s EDs
- Understand how the Pediatric Readiness Project can be instrumental in development of a de novo pediatric emergency medicine program
- Report the four barriers to improving pediatric readiness across a health system/hospital and strategies to address them
Download presentation slides here.
September 17, 2019
- Katherine Remick, MD, FAAP, FACEP, FAEMS: Developing a Regionalized System forPediatric Quality Improvement in theEmergency Department
- Marianne Gausche-Hill, MD, FACEP, FAAP, FAEMS: Los Angeles Pediatric Readiness: Four Decades in Innovation for Regionalization of Pediatric Emergency Care
March 28, 2019
The first NPRP COP webinar was held March 28, 2019.