Family Advisory Network (FAN) Mail!
Special FAN Page!
Be sure to check out the new and improved, designated Family Advisory Network page on the website! There you will find a brief overview of our FAN group along with a video capturing the compelling stories of some FAN representatives. The site also features:
- A resource page highlighting items that may be of benefit for FAN representatives, including topics like policy, forms, social media assistance, and more.
- A members list with emails for contacting other FAN representatives.
- Finally, the biggest addition is the members only page. This password protected addition will help highlight each FAN representative with a profile that will include a picture, fun facts, why they are a FAN member, and more. We hope this page will provide opportunities to get to know FAN representatives from nearby states and across the country with the hope of fostering more networking and interaction. Be sure to check it out before the All Grantee Meeting!
If you are a FAN member and have not filled out the questionnaire for the members only page, please do so here. Contact Margaret Codispoti at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions or feedback for the FAN page.
National Preparedness Month – A Good Time for Families to Update their Plans
National Preparedness Month, is recognized each September to promote family and community disaster and emergency planning now and throughout the year. The 2019 theme is "Prepared, Not Scared."
Ready.gov suggests that families should make a plan today. While your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to know which types of disasters could affect your area. Know how you’ll contact one another and reconnect if separated. Establish a family meeting place that’s familiar and easy to find.
Your family plan should include:
- Discussing these 4 questions with your family, friends, or household to start your emergency plan.
- How will I receive emergency alerts and warnings?
- What is my shelter plan?
- What is my evacuation route?
- What is my family/household communication plan?
- Consider the specific needs of your household.
- Fill out a Family Emergency Plan
- Practice your individual Family Plan within your family/household.
The American Academy of Pediatrics also offers a special resource page which includes a Family Readiness Kit and a special page on Disaster Preparedness for Children with Special Needs.
- January 21, 2021
- November 25, 2020
- October 15, 2020
- September 17, 2020
- August 26, 2020
- July 16, 2020
- June 18, 2020
- May 20, 2020
- April 16, 2020
- March 19, 2020
- February 20, 2020
- January 23, 2020
- December 19, 2019
- November 21, 2019
- October 17, 2019
- September 19, 2019
- Summarizing #EMSCJourney2019
- Diana Fendya Honored at Grantee Meeting
- NEDARC “Sparks” creativity during the 2019 EMSC All Grantee Meeting
- Resources in Response to Hurricane Dorian
- Save the Dates
- Family Advisory Network (FAN) Mail!
- August 15, 2019
- July 18, 2019
- June 20, 2019
- May 16, 2019
- April 18, 2019
- March 21, 2019
- Issue Archive
- March 31, 2021
What is FAN Mail?
In each issue of the EMSC Pulse, you will find a "FAN Mail" section with information specific to our Family Advisory Network (FAN) members. Each issue will contain announcements, links to resources and highlights of the work being accomplished by the FAN members across the country.
Family Advisory Network in Action! Please let us see you!
If you have pictures or content you wish to share on the EIIC Facebook page and Twitter, please email Cassidy Penn at the EIIC.
EMSCPulse is published about every 4 weeks by the EMSC Innovation & Improvement Center