Plenary: 4495 Miles, Building the Pediatric Readiness Trail - PRQC Overview
The Pediatric Readiness Quality Collaborative or PRQC is the first EMSC quality collaborative undertaken focusing on frontline emergency department pediatric readiness. The collaborative includes hospitals from across 17 states and is inclusive of critical access, community and urban hospitals. The PRQC offers processes to improve pediatric readiness while providing real metrics to measure improvements in the delivery of pediatric emergency care. Participating sites are gaining access to quality improvement science, resources, including pediatric subject matter experts, as well as opportunities to learn from one another. Grantees interested in improving the quality of pediatric emergency care but not involved in a quality improvement collaborative will find this model an exciting method for implementing true measurable change.
At the end of this educational session it is anticipated that participants will be able to:
- Discuss the need for outcomes related to pediatric readiness and project significance.
- Describe the framework of the PR QI collaborative and tools.
- Discuss critical partnerships and infrastructure contributing to PRQC success.
- Identify at least 2 state manager activities contributing to success of PRQC state teams.
- Describe the benefits and opportunities provided by collaboratives.
- Meredith Rodriguez, Ph.D.
- Rachel Ford, MPH
- Kate Remick, MD
- Diana Fendya, MSN(R), RN
- Krystle Bartley
- Renee Escamilla
- Erica Kane