Job Announcement: Supervisory Health Care Administrator
- Published April 26, 2020
Supervisory Health Care Administrator, Director of Division of Research
This position is located in Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Office of Epidemiology and Research, Division of Research. The duty location for this position is Rockville, MD.
As the Director of Division of Research, you use extensive knowledge and expertise in research methodology, maternal and child health, and leadership to serve as a program administrator, senior scientist, and supervisor.
Your major duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing new and innovative research grant categories in response to program effectiveness data and identified needs.
- Exercising principal administrative responsibility for the overall monitoring and programmatic review as well as budget, planning and accountability for appropriated funds designated for research programs.
- Assessing and identifying the issues, concerns, and difficulties in achieving maternal and child health research program objectives and in advancing the state of the art of cutting edge research.
- Establishing long and short term program goals, performance measures, policies, objectives and priorities based on knowledge of and professional experience in the field of maternal and child health and maternal and child health research and needs assessment.
- Providing national leadership and serving as an authoritative source of information on maternal and child health research.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with and collaborates as appropriate with other Federal entities administering research and other relevant programs to further maternal and child health research objectives.
25% or less - Expected travel may be up to 25% for this position
Position title/series/grade/FPL including organizational title: Supervisory Health Care Administrator, GS-0601-15
Duty Location: Rockville, MD
# of vacancies: 1
AOC: All Sources (MP and DE)
Travel: 25% or less
Open/Close Date: Friday, 4/24/2020 to Friday, 5/22/2020