The EMSC Scholars Program offers an opportunity for health professionals to expand their knowledge of the pediatric emergency space, network with peers and healthcare leaders, and advance their careers through the development of a scholarly project.
Who should apply to be an EMSC Scholar?
The EMSC Scholars Program is for health care professionals interested in gaining additional training in pediatric healthcare leadership. The program is open to both clinical and non-clinical professionals, as well as graduate students across a wide range of disciplines that support pediatric healthcare services, including:
- Advanced practice practitioners
- Child life specialists
- Prehospital practitioners
- Public health workers
What does the program involve?
The EMSC Scholars program provides networking, training, and hands-on learning opportunities. As a Scholar, you will:
- Commit to a 1–2-year appointment requiring 2-4 hours per week
- Commit to a monthly meeting held second Tuesday of the month 10 am CT - 12 pm CT.
- Receive mentorship from some of the nation’s leading pediatric emergency professionals and peer-to-peer learning
- Implement a project related to pediatric emergency care
- Gain the experience to become a leader in the pediatric emergency space to optimize outcomes for children across the emergency care continuum by leveraging quality improvement sciences
How do I apply?
Candidates will submit the following:
- Completed program application (see link below)
- Current resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of interest, not exceeding two pages. Highlight your relevant skills, qualifications, experiences, and passions around the pediatric emergency care continuum.
- Letter of support. Letter of support, written by a supervisor and/or mentor in your institution, explaining support for your candidacy and providing institutional guidance for your EMSC Scholar project. We recommend requesting a letter from the following source(s) depending on your professional role and stage:
- Early Career Physician – Division Chief/Department Chair
- EMS Provider – Chief/Assistant Chief
- Nurse – Nurse Director/Manager
- Graduate Student – Program Director
- Physician Trainee – Program Director