Pediatric Pandemic Network expands
- Published July 28, 2022
The Pediatric Pandemic Network (PPN), a national network of children’s hospitals and partners dedicated to improving pediatric disaster readiness and response, launched in 2021 with funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
For the PPN’s second year, starting in September 2022, HRSA is funding the network’s expansion from five to 10 children’s hospitals, doubling the number of designated PPN “hub” sites and expanding the network’s geographic reach.
The new hub sites are:
- Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC (lead center)
- Lurie Children’s Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle, WA
- University of Alabama at Birmingham-Children's of Alabama, AL
- Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO
As one of the PPN’s core partners, the EMSC Innovation & Improvement Center will continue to play a significant role in the network’s growing reach and impact.
Sign up for news and updates straight to your inbox.