Pediatric Readiness Community of Practice
After a needs assessment this fall, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) National Pediatric Readiness Project (NPRP) Special Interest Group (SIG) has prioritized an objective for 2019 to create a pediatric readiness Community of Practice (COP) to foster collaboration and awareness of ongoing work. A COP is "a group of people who share a concern/passion for something they do and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly."
If you are interested in becoming part of this community, please complete the following form to take this first step in creating a comprehensive list of individuals + description of existing programs.
You will be asked to provide:
1) your contact information to "Join" the community
2) three other individuals contact information who we can invite to the community
3) information on any project/program(s) you are involved in-- (if you have multiple current programs related to pediatric readiness please complete data for each one)
Please note the emails you provide will only be used to send an INVITATION to these individuals and will not be shared for other purposes. These individuals will only receive additional information should they choose to complete the survey/join the COP.
After collating the responses of individuals and projects across domains (research, education, advocacy, et…) the SIG will work with all stakeholder organizations to disseminate this information later in the year in an effort to mature and grow a Pediatric Readiness Community of Practice.
NPRP COP Webinar #2
September 17, 2019
- Katherine Remick, MD, FAAP, FACEP, FAEMS: Developing a Regionalized System forPediatric Quality Improvement in theEmergency Department
- Marianne Gausche-Hill, MD, FACEP, FAAP, FAEMS: Los Angeles Pediatric Readiness: Four Decades in Innovation for Regionalization of Pediatric Emergency Care
NPRP COP Webinar #1
The first NPRP COP webinar was held March 28, 2019.
Survey Results: Peds Ready SIG
Peds Ready SIG survey results (as of April 2019). Download here: NPRP CoP SIG Survey Results
Posted: May 16, 2019