New Webinar: The Future of EMS Education: Revising the EMS Education Standards
EMS Focus webinar hosted by NHTSA’s Office of EMS on August 22 at 12pm ET / 9am PT
The National EMS Education Standards, first published in 2009, set the foundation for initial education of EMS clinicians at the EMR, EMT, AEMT and paramedic levels. Now, those standards are being revised, and it's your turn to provide input.
In this webinar, you'll hear from leaders of the effort to update the education standards as they share details of the first draft, which will be released for public comment in August. They'll explain why the education standards are being updated, the process to do so and the members of the team behind the effort.
In addition, panelists will share:
- How the new EMS Education Standards will align with the recently released 2019 National EMS Scope of Practice Model
- The role of the EMS Education Standards and their impact on the profession
- Opportunities for you to share feedback and contribute to this important project
Hosted by the NHTSA Office of EMS, the panelists include:
- Bryan Ericson, Chairman, NAEMSE, and Associate Professor, Emergency Medical Services Program, Tarrant County College
- Paul Rosenberger, EdD, Program Director, Section on EMS Continuing Education, Division of EMS, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Jon Krohmer, MD, Director, NHTSA Office of EMS
Attendees will be encouraged to submit questions during any point of the discussion. The webinar and Q&A will last approximately one hour. Sign up to get email updates about this webinar series, new projects and more.
About EMS Focus
Every quarter, EMS Focus provides a venue to discuss crucial initiatives, issues and challenges for EMS stakeholders and leaders nationwide. Be sure to visit the EMS Focus website for information about upcoming webinars and to view past recordings.
Posted: July 30, 2019