In 1999, the EMSC Program created the Family Advisory Network (FAN) to facilitate the inclusion of family representatives in state EMSC programs. Today, the FAN membership includes family representatives from most states and U.S. territories.
FAN members contribute to their state program activities in numerous ways, including, but not limited to:
- serving as members, chairs, and co-chairs of their state EMSC advisory committee
- coordinating special community outreach projects
- assisting with the development and implementation of EMSC policy objectives
- helping to plan, present, and promote educational offerings within their state.
Family representatives are also involved at the national level. Several FAN members:
- sit on the federal EMSC Strategic Planning Committee
- involved on the EMSC Program Meeting Planning Committee.
In addition, members share resources and information through the EIIC electronic updates.