EMSC Innovation and Improvement Center PHOTO CONTEST
The EIIC has created a photo contest to feature a one-of-a-kind gallery that will inspire all viewers to recognize and appreciate the work of our EMSC community. We look forward to your creative submissions!
What We’re Looking For…
Photos of any EMSC activity. The photos can contain family members and care providers but a photo release may be requested.
Then, include a title that is unique to what is being highlighted in the photo. The title/phrase will be mounted next to the photo.
The EIIC will select the top photos for display at the 2019 EMSC All Grantee Meeting in Arlington, VA, USA.
The winner will receive a professionally mounted enlargement of their submitted photo and recognition in the Conference Agenda and at the Opening Plenary.
All photographers will be recognized on the photos displayed.
Who may enter:
· The contest is open to anyone age 18 and above
What to enter:
· Original photographs you have taken and own.
· For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must be prepared to provide a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian to the EIIC upon request.
What not to enter:
· Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
· Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by the EIIC in its sole discretion, are ineligible for this contest.
How to enter:
· Photographs and application may be submitted in a variety of ways:
You may submit up to 15 photographs. In order to be displayed in our online gallery without being stretched or distorted, photographs must be submitted in .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format at least 1080 pixels wide and no larger than 10 MB. You only need to submit one (1) application, even if you submit more than one (1) photo for consideration.
· You retain your rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, you grant the EIIC (and those authorized by the EIIC) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any EIIC purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the website and publications. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The EIIC will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
· The contest begins on November 19, 2018. All entries must be received by 5:00 PM Central Standard Time on December 30, 2018.
· Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, and responsiveness to the prompt and overall impact.
· The EIIC will select 10 finalists and choose a single winner from these finalists
· The 10 finalists will be promoted on the EIIC website and in EIIC publications
· Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
· The EIIC may select photos for highlight on its website or display in a publicly accessible contest archive
Conditions of Entry
· All entrants hold the Sponsors and their respective regents, directors, officers, employees, emeriti, fellows, interns, research associates, and volunteers (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with entrant’s participation in the contest and acceptance or use of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of entrants’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control. Entrants are solely responsible for their entries. Entrants may not submit materials that introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, nudity, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, sexually explicit, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
· The EIIC reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. The EIIC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate these rules or other applicable law or regulation; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Decisions of the EIIC are final and binding.