- The Pillowcase Project teaches children coping skills to help them deal with an emergency situation and also offers tips and tools to help them prepare for emergencies. (2014)
6 Results related to Patients & Families (click to remove) or Webpage (click to remove)
The Psychological First Aid Field Manual, National Child Traumatic Stress Network and the National Center for PTSD
- This is an evidence-informed approach for assisting children, adolescents, adults, and families in the aftermath of disaster and terrorism.
- This contains multiple activity books for children and families that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created to offer parents and educators an interactive way to talk to kids about to prepare for multiple types of disasters. (January 2021)
- This course addresses the unique psychosocial needs of children in disasters. It is geared towards all health professionals. The lesson includes "In the Field", which provide examples of how healthcare practitioners applied concepts related to the psychosocial welfare of children after an event.
- This page contains multiple resources on providing psychological first aid to children during and following emergencies.
- This page contains multiple resources from AAP how to help all children during or immediately following a disaster by providing psychological first aid.