Prehospital Providers (EMS & Pediatricians)Disaster
Guidance to Ensure Continued Care for Children During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The significant decrease in in-person child health visits during the COVID-19 pandemic not only puts children’s health at risk but also places practices in jeopardy as they balance business financing and care delivery.
The American Academy of Pediatric suggests in-person well-child care be consistent with Bright Futures Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children and Adolescents(4th Edition) and the corresponding Bright Futures/AAP Recommendations for Preventive Pediatric Health Care (Periodicity Schedule). They also offer guidance on Providing Pediatric Ambulatory Services via Telehealth During COVID-19.
Click here Learn More: https://www.aappublications.org/news/2020/04/14/ambulatory041420
EMS.gov: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources
Bright Futures is a national health promotion and prevention initiative, led by the American Academy of Pediatrics and supported, in part, by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB).
Downloadable Resources for EMS
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Multi-Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
- Hospital Pediatric Preparedness
- Prehospital Providers (EMS & Pediatricians)
- Family & Caregiver Preparedness
- Schools and Childcare Providers
- State EMSC Resources
- PPE, Calculators & Essential Skills
- Infographics and Presentations
- Disease Tracking Tools
- Webinars, Listservs, Collaboratives, and Coalitions
- Mental & Behavioral Health