School Disaster Planning
Child Care Aware
Child Care Aware® of America is a national membership-based nonprofit organization working to advance affordability, accessibility, development and learning of children in child care. Explore their activities related to active shooter preparation in learning communities. Activities have included:
- Developed a list of resources related to mass shootings and violence in schools
The group has also blogged about the initial lessons learned from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School even as the investigation is ongoing.
SchoolSafetyInfo.org provides a clearinghouse of information on a variety of school safety problems and initiatives, including but not limited to acts of violence. Resources provided come from a variety of sources including federal and SLTT governments, universities, professional organizations and the private sector.
Directed toward public safety officials and school administrators, the site provides:
- Lessons learned and success stories from other schools and jurisdictions.
- A library of publications, research and other resources.
- Community resources to help schools remain safe.
- Proactive strategies administrators and law enforcement can utilize.
- A calendar of related meetings, conferences and other events nationwide.
- This website can be another tool for keeping communities safe.
The site is provided by the Justice Technology Information Center, part of the United States Department of Justice.
Exertional Heat Illness: Cool Down First
This 19-minute video on the prevention of heat-related illness targets school health personnel, coaches, parents, and athletes.