Guidelines for QI/PI in the ED
This section contains resources regarding the integration of pediatric patient care-review processes into the Quality Improvement (QI)/Performance Improvement (PI) plan of your emergency department (ED).
- Check Your Pediatric Preparedness
- Example QI Plan: Illinois EMSC Pediatric Mild Traumatic Head Injury
- HCA Pediatric Readiness Gap Analysis (Example)
- Rapid-Cycle Improvement: Controlling Change
- Introduction to Quality Improvement: Developing an Initial Assessment and Plan
- Pediatric Readiness Data: An Opportunity to Improve Quality of Care in Your Emergency Department. This webinar, occurring on December 17, 2014, defined quality improvement, highlighted key components of the quality improvement process, and discussed how to apply essential quality improvement methodologies to improve pediatric emergency care using the National Pediatric Readiness data.
- Next Steps in Quality Improvement: Measuring Your ED Readiness Improvement – Peds Ready Assessment Portal Now Open. This webinar, occurring on December 17, 2015, discussed the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle of quality improvement and its application to Pediatric Readiness efforts; defined the importance of regular assessment/monitoring of change as related to Pediatric Readiness initiatives; discussed the process for accessing and engaging in the assessment, listed information that will be provided to respondents upon completion of the assessment; and discussed potential next steps, based on reassessment findings, for reducing the gaps in pediatric emergency care in your ED.